Saturday, July 24, 2010

Finding Help

Yesterday I promised to post some information on how to find help for eating disorder or compulsive overeating. I found a few addresses from when I was taking an Eating Disorder Class at Saddleback College. However, the majority of the places I've got are all local to Orange County, California. I will post them here, plus some websites that might help you. I just want to make clear I have not tried these organizations, nor I am choosing them over any other, I just want to give you a jump start if you decide this is what you need. In future posts I will also recommend some books or foods that are tasty and low calorie, books and audio books that might help, wii games and exercise dvd's that might make exercise fun.

Okay, so let's get started:
Community Resources (Orange County)

South Coast Medical Center
Eating Disorder Program (949) 499-7504
31872 Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
The accept most insurance plans.

Discovery Paths
(949) 716-4326
Intensive Outpatient ED Program (IOP)
Meets Tuesday-Thursday, 4:30-7:30pm

ANAD (847) 831-3438
Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders

Overeaters Anonymous
Orange County (714) 953-5159
San Diego (619) 563-4606
Los Angeles (213) 936-5159

OC Psychological Association Referrals
(949) 440-4385

CA Assoc. of Marriage/Family Therapist

(800) 564-2638

National Eating Disorders Association

Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center

If you decided you need a therapist, please go to the American Psychological Association (APA) website, and look for a therapist in your area. APA has the list of all the licensed therapists in your area. This is the most reliable resource you can get.

So, my friends.... I hope this will help ....
Love, always...
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment